Windows client works, Linux client does not

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

MikeKle
OpenVpn Newbie

Windows client works, Linux client does not

Post by MikeKle » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 am

EDIT: I am deeply sorry, there was confusion -- Windows client aint working too. So all is fine :-)

Hi there!

There is an ISP issue which provider solving like 3rd day already, and that issue prevents Linux client to establish connection with the Server, while windows just client works.

the var/log/syslog says just:

Code: Select all

TCP: connect to [AF_INET] ip.ad.dr.ess:port failed, will try again in 5 seconds: No route to host

Actually such issue never happen for like 4 years of using openvpn client with this server.
There was an issue at server side, and it wasn't working for everyone then, something was done, and windows client start working, while Linux still not. So it is not like my client firewall (which is off anyway) or something simple like that.

What it could be on ISP side that causes such kind of issue? May there could be an easy fix, because it looks quite crazy.

PS Unfortunately I have no much of access to server admin, just information that ISP is solving my issue, and that windows client works.
Last edited by MikeKle on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Windows client works, Linux client does not

Post by TinCanTech » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:19 pm

If you cannot find a solution you can contact me privately : tincanteksup <at> gmail