Router VPN Setting Incorrect IP Address for Android Phone

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

edmartin54
OpenVpn Newbie

Router VPN Setting Incorrect IP Address for Android Phone

Post by edmartin54 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:24 pm

I've searched Google and these forums hoping to find a solution to my problem with no luck. So . . .

I have a Netgear AC2600 router which was my primary router and running OpenVPN server prior to switching providers to AT&T. Now it is running in Bridge Mode behind AT&T's Pace 5268AC gateway. Prior to switching to AT&T, my OpenVPN configuration was working perfectly - laptops and phones were connecting reliably and I was able to browse my home network while away. Under the new configuration, I'm having an issue with my Android phone connection.

When I connect with my laptop, everything works as expected - proper IP address range and can browse my network NAS devices. However, when connecting with my Android phone (which I am able to do), I get an IP address out of range of the network and can't browse anything. The IP address is only off my one digit in the third octet, but that's enough to screw up everything. None of my OpenVPN settings have changed and I've opened the proper firewall ports to allow connections to pass through the AT&T router to the Netgear router.

I know I have the option of letting the Netgear router handle everything but the AT&T router is more centrally located and is performing very well. I can't move the Netgear router due to its connections to NAS devices, printers, etc.

Does anyone have any idea why OpenVPN would be setting the IP address incorrectly now when it was working properly before? Before anyone asks, I do not have access to the server config files due to Netgear's implementation of OpenVPN. Even if I did, I don't see how that would make a difference since it was working before (and Windows laptop still works great).

Thanks in advance!

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Router VPN Setting Incorrect IP Address for Android Phone

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:36 pm

edmartin54 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:24 pm
Before anyone asks, I do not have access to the server config files due to Netgear's implementation of OpenVPN
You may have to contact Netgear then ..
edmartin54 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:24 pm
Even if I did, I don't see how that would make a difference since it was working before (and Windows laptop still works great).
If we can't see the config we really can't help ..

You could post the log files from your Android and Windows for comparison ..

charliegomes
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Router VPN Setting Incorrect IP Address for Android Phone

Post by charliegomes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:40 pm

I also have the same issue. Will I get proper information from https://netgears.support/netgear-technical-support/ as I use a Netgear router?