Windows RDP loosing constantly connection

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

OpenRDP
OpenVpn Newbie

Windows RDP loosing constantly connection

Post by OpenRDP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:18 am

I am using RDP since about 10 years now and have nearly zero problem with local connections.

But since 5 years I connect to several Open VPN Server like Sophos XG Firewall and other and whatever I do I loose connections on regular basis.

So on a good day I can work for 1-3 hours on bad days I have to reconnect every half hour or even more often.

I was searching all over the Web especilally on MS forums since years, but untill now no solution at all.

I have a cable connection on bith sides and I can connect allways and the Open VPN connection itself stys stable all the time. The clients are up to date and Sophos XG is also up to date.

Any ideas?

TriStarGod
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Windows RDP loosing constantly connection

Post by TriStarGod » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Similar situation. Been experimenting with OpenVPN integrated with pfsense. Just need a simple RDP to server from specific ip addresses. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong since I would have sporadic drops. Server connection is stable most of the time and I'm able to connect to it using other RDP type tools. Followed instructions found at https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/OpenV ... ess_Server .