Problem regarding connecting to Openvpn

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

royenovgu
OpenVpn Newbie

Problem regarding connecting to Openvpn

Post by royenovgu » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Hello. Good day. I am facing problem connecting to my university web service through Open vpn. The certificate and extension file regarding this matter has already been given from my supervisor. I just pasted the certificate and extension file to open vpn config file according to the process I have seen in the open vpn manual. However, it shows error and I saw in the log file that three file which are not existed in the directory and those files are
1. caGM.crt
2. TUIL.crt
3. TUIL.key

I didnt get enough information regarding these files mentioned above. Could anyone help me regarding this? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Royen

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Problem regarding connecting to Openvpn

Post by TinCanTech » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:40 pm

royenovgu wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 pm
I saw in the log file that three file which are not existed in the directory and those files are
1. caGM.crt
2. TUIL.crt
3. TUIL.key
Put those files in the right directory or add full path to the files in the config file.

royenovgu
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by royenovgu » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Thanks for your answer. But I dont have these files. My supervisor only gave me the certificate.crt and extension.crt files. Is there any way to generate those above mentioned files?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 pm

I suggest you ask your supervisor.

royenovgu
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by royenovgu » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 am

Thank you so much....

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:11 am

If you are not satisfied with my answer please see HOWTO: Request Help !

royenovgu
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by royenovgu » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:22 am

Basically I am very new about Open vpn. I actually followed the installation and connection process of open vpn founding in youtube and different web pages. However, after following the process it still shows error and those I have mentioned above. Therefore, I though is there any way to generate those files or should I to take those files from my supervisor. I read the open vpn how to section but did not find any clue about those files.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:03 am

TinCanTech wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:40 pm
royenovgu wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 pm
I saw in the log file that three file which are not existed in the directory and those files are
1. caGM.crt
2. TUIL.crt
3. TUIL.key
Put those files in the right directory or add full path to the files in the config file.
You have the names of the files and yet you do not have those files so go back to your supervisor and ask for them.

It is not possible to magically conjure up the files you need.

Info: OpenVPN is a Free VPN product which millions of people use everyday but they all have their own certificates and keys. If they did not have their own certificates and keys then there would be no security in a VPN because we would all be able to see everybody else's data.