Connection still active but no internet - Nordvpn

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

lt_mac
OpenVpn Newbie

Connection still active but no internet - Nordvpn

Post by lt_mac » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi

First I would like to apologize in case this thread is in the wrong place. Could not find a place where I thought it would truly fit.

Anyway.. so I'm running OpenVPN GUI 11.4 on Windows 10, and sometimes after a while all my applications using internet lose connection to the internet while the vpn connection remains. I observe the openvpn gui console for a while but nothing happens and still no internet for my applications. If I then manually reconnect to the same vpn server everything starts using the internet properly again. Any idea what is causing this and what to do to fix it? This is has happens like once every day and my connection to my ISP is super solid.

Thanks!

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Connection still active but no internet

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Which servers ?

lt_mac
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Connection still active but no internet

Post by lt_mac » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:47 pm

My vpn provider is NordVPN if that is what you asked?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Connection still active but no internet - Nordvpn

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:58 pm

You must ask them ..

lt_mac
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Connection still active but no internet - Nordvpn

Post by lt_mac » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:25 pm

I asked them what kind of server is hosting the vpn connection on the server that I use when connecting and the reply was "regular open vpn server". Does not sound to me like the answer you were looking for, but I am afraid I am just a novice at this. But if there are any more specific questions you would like me to answer, please write them down and I will forward them to my vpn provider :)