Traffic Auditing, Monitoring, Reporting

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.
agenerette
OpenVpn Newbie

Traffic Auditing, Monitoring, Reporting

Post by agenerette » Sun May 05, 2013 7:28 am

Hi,

I'm new enough to OpenVPN that I wasn't even sure where to post this question. A client of mine uses the software to support employee VPN connections to their office LAN. They're starting to work more with contractors, though, and the owner would like to have a way of auditing connections to be able to watch out for possibly nefarious activity. I've found a few notes on Google that discuss this, but none of them have enough detail for a beginner like myself. A number mention using Cacti, but I'm pretty new to that product also. Any detailed suggestions and/or pointers to good links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Anthony

RobH
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Traffic Auditing, Monitoring, Reporting

Post by RobH » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Did you find a solution? I'm looking for something similar, although I really just need something that will give me a historical report of who was connected when and how much data they're transferring per hour/day/month. The data is available in OpenVPN's status file, but I haven't found a tool yet that will monitor this file and produce reports. I'm thinking of writing my own and making it freely available, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if something already exists.

amir_kayot
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by amir_kayot » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Hi , is there any tool for that ?can you share your experience ?

JNehru
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by JNehru » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:16 pm

amir_kayot wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:57 pm
Hi , is there any tool for that ?can you share your experience ?
No there is no tool to monitor this. You have to develop a customize app to monitor all the things.