VPn info.

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.
phoenix
OpenVpn Newbie

VPn info.

Post by phoenix » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm looking to select a VPN freeware provider and gathering information to make choice, I've researched many already without any positive results. There is a lot of bull and promises being thrown around about VPN Freeware and I have just a few simple questions that all seem to try and dodge.

Here are my questions:

Most of these sites claim anonymity until they are court ordered and then they will throw you under the bus so quick it isn't funny so basically they aren't a true VPN as per the definition!
Is this a site that doesn't keep ANY, ANY,logs which would allow you or a 3rd party to match an IP address and a time stamp to a user of your service? If so, exactly what information about me would they hold, ( AND BTW ANY INFO IS WAY TOO MUCH)?

Under what exact circumstances would you share the information you hold with a 3rd party? Such as a court order like has been done in the past,can they show me in writing where they state that! Can you answer these questions for me, no one else could either answer them or give a straight forward answer. Your up what can you tell me?