New to VPN

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

jasonduke
OpenVpn Newbie

New to VPN

Post by jasonduke » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:50 am

Hey, I‘ve been considering using a VPN for some time now, and have begun using ProtonVPN today. I will admit, I only know the basics (or less) about VPNs, but I am very much interested in the benefits of using them. With that context, please forgive me if what I am about to ask is a stupid question. I am VERY new to online privacy.

EileenMarkle
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: New to VPN

Post by EileenMarkle » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:46 am

jasonduke wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:50 am
Hey, I‘ve been considering using a VPN for some time now, and have begun using ProtonVPN today. I will admit, I only know the basics (or less) about VPNs, but I am very much interested in the benefits of using them. With that context, please forgive me if what I am about to ask is a stupid question. I am VERY new to online privacy.
Same here.

Urirochell
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Urirochell » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:54 pm

Hi guys, I'm glad that there are some more newbies besides me. Hope we'll master VPN with the help of this community and will boast of our knowledge soon.

Stephanie_Sy
OpenVPN User

Post by Stephanie_Sy » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:38 pm

what is the best anonymous, fast, reliable VPN service?

EileenMarkle
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by EileenMarkle » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:03 am

Stephanie_Sy wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:38 pm
what is the best anonymous, fast, reliable VPN service?
I am using the Ipvanish since 2021

olabarbe
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by olabarbe » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:30 am

Hello everyone,
I'm new on this forum, I hope I'll find some help and answers cause I'm very confused with openvpn services.

I would like to use openvpn to set a secured connection between 2 PCs that are both connected on internet.

In a wonderful world, it would be really easy, just a client on each PC, clients connects to a vpn server and then the PCs are connected between them.
And also, the key to encrypt communications between those PCs is unknown from the server, to ensure privacy.

I think that's possible but I don't understood how to achieve it with openvpn and what is implies about the server.

There's tons of information on the website but not clear enough for me...
All examples presented are complex architectures, I don't find an example just for a simple case like mine (vpn between 2 PCs over internet).