Axis Camera and VPN Routing help

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

hhhxxx
OpenVpn Newbie

Axis Camera and VPN Routing help

Post by hhhxxx » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:01 pm

Hi,

I have successfully set up a OpenVPN server. I downloaded the OpenVPN app on my phone, connected successfully and I can get to the OpenVPN server.I have Inter-Client Communication turned on and Multiple Sessions per User turned on. I am trying to connect to an AXIS security camera over the VPN. The camera has a OpenVPN application plugin. I have put the client config auto login profile in the OpenVPN camera configuration and the camera is connected to the VPN. When I try to access the camera on the VPN I can not get to it, even though the client to client settings are turned on. What can I do to resolve this issue? Please, assist.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Axis Camera and VPN Routing help

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:34 pm

Openvpn works but your camera does not ..

OpenVPN Expert

Post by 300000 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:17 pm

you need to check which version openvpn run on camera . some time hardware not update openvpn and they run very old version so with new openvpn install and run but the old one cant connect . update your camera or check to see what is wrong with openvpn on camera.

adros
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by adros » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:31 pm

Hello,

I know this is an older thread. Can you advise where you got an Axis Camera OpenVPN Plugin.

Thanks

Adros