Additional IP-adresses in 1 OpenVPN-tunnel [Newbie]

Scripts with setup, destroy, and modify routing tables and firewall rulesets for client connections.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

berserkargang
OpenVpn Newbie

Additional IP-adresses in 1 OpenVPN-tunnel [Newbie]

Post by berserkargang » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi!
First of all, I'm totally new to OpenVPN, so bare with me.

I'm using a tunnel from a VPNservice provider and at first I had no problems at all. I connected and got the intended public IP-adress. Now however, I've bought a additional IP-adress to the existing tunnel and as I understand i cant start another VPN-instance, but I have to route the secondary IP-adress from the computer with the openvpn-connection to another computer in my network. So do I have to change anything in my config file to make client "accept" another ip-adress? Currently it looks like this:

Code: Select all

dev tap
remote 88.80.30.7
float 88.80.30.7
port 5180
ifconfig 88.80.28.224 255.255.255.128
route-gateway 88.80.28.129
redirect-gateway def1
secret prq.key
cipher AES-128-CBC
dhcp-option DNS 88.80.8.8
comp-lzo
route-method exe
route-delay 2

janjust
Forum Team

Re: Additional IP-adresses in 1 OpenVPN-tunnel [Newbie]

Post by janjust » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 pm

interesting VPN setup from the provider... have you tried connecting both PCs using the config file supplied by the VPN provider, i.e. your old pc using the config as described earlier, your new pc using a config with only the IP address (and possibly remote IP) altered?

Mimiko
Forum Team

Post by Mimiko » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:22 am

berserkargang, using Windows you will have to install a routing software on the OpenVPN client, to route all traffic for the second IP to the other computer.

berserkargang
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by berserkargang » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:50 am

janjust wrote:interesting VPN setup from the provider... have you tried connecting both PCs using the config file supplied by the VPN provider, i.e. your old pc using the config as described earlier, your new pc using a config with only the IP address (and possibly remote IP) altered?
Tested that. Resulted in bunch of error messages in the log. The GUI said however, connected to x.x.x.x, but a check with myipaddress.com returned my regular IP from my ISP.
Mimiko wrote:berserkargang, using Windows you will have to install a routing software on the OpenVPN client, to route all traffic for the second IP to the other computer.
Ok, so the routing should be done by the openvpn client and not by Windows itself? Could u point me to a software like that?:)

I should also mention that im open to use a linux distribution if that would simplify the problem.

Mimiko
Forum Team

Post by Mimiko » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:11 pm

There are a lot of software routers to use. Most of them are commercial. If you can install lunux, it will be a better choose as you will have to add a single roule to the iptable.

berserkargang
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by berserkargang » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:59 am

I made a very artistic picture of my situation, so if that helps anything:)