Struggling to convert new config format into old format

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
TitanOne1337
OpenVpn Newbie

Struggling to convert new config format into old format

Post by TitanOne1337 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:08 pm

Hello everyone!

Recently I've acquired a Ubiquiti UDM-Pro and want to connect a VoIP phone destined for a remote location over OpenVPN to it (since the only other VPN solution the phone supports is IPSec)

The config works flawlessly when using a Windows client and two separate (newer) VoIP phones. This last (older) one however seems to not like the new format of the combined config and certificate file (.ovpn)

I have tried numerous things to split the file up, but am at my wits' end, probably because the certificate formats are wrong or I'm just displaying obvious signs of never having messed with certificates in such a way before.

Does anyone have a script I can run on a Windows machine to break that file up into the correct separate config & certificate files with the right file endings?

And before anyone tells me that I should just get a new VoIP phone, no thank you, the new version with the needed features costs like 500€, I'd rather reuse the one that still works flawlessly.

Big thanks everyone!