No context menu from systray

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
paulneocube
OpenVpn Newbie

No context menu from systray

Post by paulneocube » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:56 pm

Hey everyone. I am in the process of trying to get connected to my VPN via OpenVPN as it is the only alternative to using their rediculously unreliable app. Anyways, I was unable to get very far as right after I installed the GUI, when starting the application it minimizes to the system tray. I double click on it and nothing. I try to right click on it but instead of a context menu, I get see a VERY thin line where the context menu should be but it never pops up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, I have restarted my PC before and after installing but the same thing occurs. I try to start the app again just to be told by a popup that it is already running and to right click it to open it, which obviously isn't working so I am wondering if there is a hotkey I can use or something to get the GUI to show.

Any ideas?