A number of Clients (Windows) cannot connect to openvpn server

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
user1231zt173417654134
OpenVpn Newbie

A number of Clients (Windows) cannot connect to openvpn server

Post by user1231zt173417654134 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:41 pm

We have a very odd problem where two people using Windows cannot connect to the openvpn Server. For other people it's working fine. The reason i think this problem is related to openvpn is because these two people are using VPN from two different networks one of the person is inside a network where the VPN usually works.
The log is not showing any information it just shows, that everything is well until the TLS handshake. Before the client can establish the tls handshake the connection is timing out. I can see the initial requests in the server logs though. Does somebody have an idea?

openvpn_inc
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: A number of Clients (Windows) cannot connect to openvpn server

Post by openvpn_inc » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:15 pm

Hello,

Can you confirm you have latest version of OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Connect?

At this point it would be good to know versions used on server and client side and the exact log errors. But to share those I would recommend to use our support ticket system, which is private, as opposed to a public forum.

Kind regards,
Johan
Image OpenVPN Inc.
Answers provided by OpenVPN Inc. staff members here are provided on a voluntary best-effort basis, and no rights can be claimed on the basis of answers posted in this public forum. If you wish to get official support from OpenVPN Inc. please use the official support ticket system: https://openvpn.net/support