Network Connectivity Challenge with Multilple VPN Clients Connecting to Azure

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

pvalant
OpenVpn Newbie

Network Connectivity Challenge with Multilple VPN Clients Connecting to Azure

Post by pvalant » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:36 am

Hello Everyone.

I have encountered a network configuration challenge that requires your expertise. Here's the scenario: I have two VPN clients, each situated in different geographical locations, both connecting to a VPN server hosted on Microsoft Azure.

Client 1: This is a Linux-based device configured to support both OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec as a client.

Client 2: Operates on a Windows 10 PC

The primary objective I aim to achieve is to enable Client 2, when connected to the VPN server in Azure, to access the entire network associated with Client 1.

I've made attempts to address this challenge by forwarding all traffic from the 'eth0' interface of the Linux device to the 'tun/tap' virtual adapter. However I didn't find much success with this method.

Currently, my VPN setup involves using SoftEther as the server, hosted on Azure. Client 1 connects via OpenVPN, while Client 2 uses the SoftEther client. I am open to considering alternative VPN server options or methods if they can help resolve this issue.

Given my limited experience in this domain, I kindly request a comprehensive explanation of any potential solutions. If further details are required to better understand the problem, please do not hesitate to let me know.