Openvpn GUI client for Windows 7 users

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
bdspice
OpenVpn Newbie

Openvpn GUI client for Windows 7 users

Post by bdspice » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:21 am

Hi, due to some obligation,i have to use windows 7. So i installed openvpn on a centos7 vps. its all ok, working fine on my android mobile. but when i tried to connect from windows 7, its connected but ip not changing. i searched for last 2-3 months, but nothing helps. Even there is a lot of users with same problem seeking for help. So this is a openvpn bug. But openvpn is not fixing this, since they update there client GUI several times for last 3months. So i am here to ask, when exactly they going to fix this bug & make openvpn client proper usable for users??? i already waited for last 3months and paying vpn. :roll: :(

My post for seeking help.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24849&p=72814#p72814

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Openvpn GUI client for Windows 7 users

Post by novaflash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:18 am

It's hard to remain cool and professional when confronted in this way. But let's give it a shot;

First of all, you're on the forum for OpenVPN Access Server, the commercial edition of OpenVPN. So you're in the wrong place.

Second, you're using the open source version and the problem you are experiencing is without a single shred of doubt to do with either a bad configuration setting or because of some issue on your Windows system.

Also, if it's a bug, you had better present some pretty damn good evidence of that in the proper channels with proper debugging steps taken instead of barging in here and saying it's a bug. Research properly first, please.

And lastly, you're using the open source version. Who are you paying? Certainly not the open source community. If you're paying for this then perhaps you should contact the party you are paying money to?

If you want a solution that just works without having to do any difficult debugging steps, perhaps consider Private Tunnel, a paid service, with a free trial.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.