Please help me understand the Hyper-V Appliance!

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
chockomonkey
OpenVpn Newbie

Please help me understand the Hyper-V Appliance!

Post by chockomonkey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm trying to get an OpenVPN Access Server appliance (v. 2.1.3) running on my 2008 R2 Hyper-V host.

I've gone through the quick-start guide multiple times with the same result. I cannot access the admin UI. In the setup wizard I leave the Appliance as DHCP then have my DHCP server give it a specific IP.

What is really confusing to me though, is that as I try to search the internet for ideas as to what to try and look at, something is just off with this appliance.

For example, there's no openvpn or openvpnas service. There's no configuration or log files as described here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/276664/w ... tion-files

I have been able to find one log file (/var/log/openvpnas.log), and it appears something is running, as you can see below:

I just need help understanding how this appliance is set up to work. I imagine the service and conf files would be in the expected places if I weren't trying to use the Hyper-V Appliance.