Remote Access to User Logs

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
assyrian47
OpenVpn Newbie

Remote Access to User Logs

Post by assyrian47 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:26 pm

AS a troubleshooting tool, I would like to be able to remotely access the OpenVPN server and download the logs.
What is the easiest way to accomplish this? I currently request that the client forwards the logs via email.

novaflash
OpenVPN Inc.

Re: Remote Access to User Logs

Post by novaflash » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am

Since the only important reason that I can think of that you would want to look at the log files is when there is a problem making a connection, it won't be any use to think of a solution that uses OpenVPN itself to gain access to a remote user's computer system to see the log files, because the OpenVPN connection wouldn't work anyways.

So you're looking at other solutions like for example a remote access tool like, I dunno, TeamViewer or whatever. Then you can do remote support for your users and get the log file yourself if a user reports a problem and you need to see their log files. Or you can ask them to email you the file.
I'm still alive, just posting under the openvpn_inc alias now as part of a larger group.