Problems sustaining VPN tunnel

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
Bilbowski
OpenVpn Newbie

Problems sustaining VPN tunnel

Post by Bilbowski » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 am

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post or not so apologies if it's not. I've recently reconfigured my raspberry pi as an Open VPN server and following a few hiccups along the way have it working (albeit not quite as expected). When I run OpenVPN server.conf from the raspberry pi terminal the terminal window freezes and I'm unable to input any command other than Ctl+C to kill it. At this point though my devices are able to connect to the vpn successfully and access both the internet and internal network. If I press ctl+c this terminates OpenVPN and tunnel drops. The same also happens if I close the ssh session. I've looked at the openvpn.log and openvpn-status and it looks as though everything is running as should be - except the application is hanging in terminal window until such time as I either kill the ssh session or interrupt the openvpn process. I'm a bit confused as to why this would be happening and wondered if anyone else had seen this issue or could advise me on what other steps I could take to resolve - as I'm so close to it working!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards

Bill.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Problems sustaining VPN tunnel

Post by TinCanTech » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:32 pm

What distro do you use ?