How to configure for multiple servers

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
bschooly
OpenVpn Newbie

How to configure for multiple servers

Post by bschooly » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Running latest openvpn server client on windows 7. I need to know how and where to configure and launch
multiple client setups (one for each vpn).

I see a config file built automatically in C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN Technologies\OpenVPN Client\etc.

Do I place the additional config files there or can they go anywhere? Once created how do I launch the client for that
particular config?

Lastly. We have been using the openvpn gui from http://openvpn.se/. Are their config files compatible with
openvpn.net's files? Can openvpn client be configured for certificate only (no password)?

Bill

maikcat
Forum Team

Re: How to configure for multiple servers

Post by maikcat » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:08 pm

which version are you planning to use? AS or open source?

always download openvpn from openvpn.net as .se is outdated...

Michael.
Amiga 500 , Zx +2 owner
Long live Dino Dini (Kick off 2 Creator)

Inflammable means flammable? (Dr Nick Riviera,Simsons Season13)

"objects in mirror are losing"

ecrist
Forum Team

Re: How to configure for multiple servers

Post by ecrist » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:49 am

bschooly wrote:Running latest openvpn server client on windows 7. I need to know how and where to configure and launch
multiple client setups (one for each vpn).

I see a config file built automatically in C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN Technologies\OpenVPN Client\etc.

Do I place the additional config files there or can they go anywhere? Once created how do I launch the client for that
particular config?

Lastly. We have been using the openvpn gui from http://openvpn.se/. Are their config files compatible with
openvpn.net's files? Can openvpn client be configured for certificate only (no password)?

Bill
Do NOT use the client you mentioned. Use only the client from the official openvpn site. We include a GUI which supports the new features.
OpenVPN Community Administrator
IRC: #openvpn, #openvpn-devel
Co-Author of Mastering OpenVPN
Author of Troubleshooting OpenVPN