[resolvd]LDAP connection with Open Directory generates error

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
mt50f1
OpenVpn Newbie

[resolvd]LDAP connection with Open Directory generates error

Post by mt50f1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:42 am

I've got OpenVPN configured to use LDAP authentication to an Open Directory. The users are all in and enabled, but when they try to log in they get "Your account has been suspended" message from OpenVPN (on both the web page login and the client login).

If I delete the user from Open Directory and try to log in, then it will say "Login failed".

So it appears to be hitting the Open Directory correctly, but does anyone know why it is returning "Your account has been suspended"?

TIA

mt50f1
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: LDAP connection with Open Directory generates odd error

Post by mt50f1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:58 pm

The wonderful geniuses in the online chat support section were able to determine that I had the "Deny access to all users not listed above" check box enabled in the user permissions settings. I had been using general authentication and switched to LDAP, but failed to uncheck the check box.

Soooo....if anyone has this problem, make sure you are allowing the system to authenticate users from a list other than the one in the general settings!!