Help setting upTunnel

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
Mossey
OpenVpn Newbie

Help setting upTunnel

Post by Mossey » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:30 pm

I need some hand holding to get this service running. I installed Win 7, 64 bit version 2.2.2 , but have no idea what I need to do to setup the config file and get connected through the server. I am in Belize, where BTL blocks all SKYPE, VOIP, and Magicjack connections. I was hoping to use OpenVPN to bypass/hide my connection. You can't even get Technical support for any of the methods used to stay in touch as connections are all blocked. Help would be appreciated!

Mimiko
Forum Team

Re: Help setting upTunnel

Post by Mimiko » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 am

Mossey
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Mossey » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:25 pm

I read the guides and spent most of yesterday trying to get it going. I just don't know enough about network protocol, initiating commands, and the correct terms for what I am trying to accomplish, to pull this off. My IP provider has supplied me with virtual computer desktop and a tunnel, but I have no idea, how to port/route Magicjack through the tunnel. Thanks for the suggestions! But I am a bit lost not be able to call home. I am here for 5 more months.

Mimiko
Forum Team

Post by Mimiko » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Mossey wrote:I just don't know enough about network protocol, initiating commands, and the correct terms for what I am trying to accomplish, to pull this off.
Setting up an OpenVPN server implies basic knowledge of the networkin. Better read some matterials about it on wiki before starting to setup.