Cannot access only to public network (bridge network adapter) of vagrant box through openvpn clients

This forum is for general conversation and user-user networking.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

gustavofring
OpenVpn Newbie

Cannot access only to public network (bridge network adapter) of vagrant box through openvpn clients

Post by gustavofring » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:49 pm

Dear All,

I want to access the bridge network adapter of the vagrant box from an external network using OpenVPN.
I set up a network like below.

OpenVPN Client ----- internet ----- pfsense(OpenVPN server) ----- (LAN) Physical Server
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | (LAN) Vagrant instance1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | (LAN) Vagrant instance2

- 172.10.0.0/16: LAN subnet
- 172.10.101.2: Physical server
- 172.10.101.3: Vagrant instance1 with bridge network running on Physical server
- 172.10.101.4: Vagrant instance2 with bridge network running on Physical server

- 172.11.0.0/16: OpenVPN subnet
- 172.11.0.2: External client

I can access the web running on physical devices which are inside the LAN adapter. but I cannot access the web running on the vagrant instances.
Does anyone have the same symptoms as I have, and solve the problem?

Thanks for the reply in advance.

Sincerely,

gustavofring
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Cannot access only to public network (bridge network adapter) of vagrant box through openvpn clients

Post by gustavofring » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:45 am

If someone might have the same problems, please use DHCP.
vagrant instance that specifies the IP address in Vagrantfile, wouldn't be accessible.
Please use DHCP to assign the IP address and pfSense know about it.