OpenVPN newbie questions

OpenVPN tutorials ranging from configuration to hacks to compilation will be posted here.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

bellzemos
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN newbie questions

Post by bellzemos » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:41 am

Hello!

I'd like to use OpenVPN client with a pfSense VPN server and DD-WRT router VPN server.

What I'd like to achieve is be able to safely and securely log into mail when I'm using an unsecured WiFi connection away from home - so to be able to tunnel into my home router (DD-WRT) or pfSense (still learning and experimenting with it).

How would I go about it? What do I have to do first?

Thank you!

bellzemos
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: OpenVPN newbie questions

Post by bellzemos » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:58 am

Sorry for a late reply, I finally got a router that supports OpenVPN via 3rd party firmware. I wasn't able to install DD-WRT but managed to uplaod to Tomato (Shibby) firmware.

So I'd like to set up an OpenVPN server on that router now. I have a question: when I'll enable OpenVPN will ALL my traffic go through the tunnel? Web browser, Skype, Torrent, EVERYTHING?

All the links that you pasted are just overwhelming to me, thank you though, I have lots to learn and am looking forward to it. Thank you!

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: OpenVPN newbie questions

Post by Traffic » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:19 pm

bellzemos wrote:when I'll enable OpenVPN will ALL my traffic go through the tunnel? Web browser, Skype, Torrent, EVERYTHING?
That is one way to set up OpenVPN .. details are at the last link above.