Site-to-Site VPN

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
hagala
OpenVpn Newbie

Site-to-Site VPN

Post by hagala » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Hello,

I'm migrating away from my slow sonicwalls that I have been using for awhile. I just want to setup a Site-to-Site VPN so there is no need to install a client software on stations as the site-to-site will be in use.

Is it possible with OpenVPN via Bridge mode? But what else options do I need to setup.

Thanks in advance.

gladiatr72
Forum Team

Re: Site-to-Site VPN

Post by gladiatr72 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Theoretically you could do this, I suppose, by not only setting up a bridge on whatever side you put the server-side of the connection but also bridging the client-side to an internal ethernet device as well to propagate the network; however, I think the performance would stink. I would suggest you go with the point-to-point tunnel having a discrete network on either end and setting up routes to the opposite side of the link. With this you wouldn't have to do anything with the workstations or servers on the client side and you wouldn't have to worry about link degradation due to broadcast maintenance.

Regards,
Stephen
[..]I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. [...]Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? -Marcus Cole