Connected to VPN but IP address not changing on Windows 10

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
DMann421
OpenVpn Newbie

Connected to VPN but IP address not changing on Windows 10

Post by DMann421 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:16 am

Hello,

I've done a bit of googling and saw that a few people have had this issue in the past, however, none of them had working solutions.
I've setup an OpenVPN Server on my home router (ASUS RT-AC66U) and when I connect to it from my laptop, my IP address does not change to what it should be.

I do have OpenVPN GUI set to run as an administrator.

Any suggestions?

Edit: For clarity, what I'm trying to do is use my router's built in VPN to connect my laptop to my router when I'm out of town and have it show as my home IP address.

aabs
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Connected to VPN but IP address not changing on Windows 10

Post by aabs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi Damann

I you resolved this yet. I'm using Asus 88U and have same issue.
Client connects to VPN and given a 10.0.8.2 address but not pushed through to my LAN subnet 192.168.2.0

Found many posts with this issue but no published fix ?

howellgr
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Connected to VPN but IP address not changing on Windows 10

Post by howellgr » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:09 am

I realize you post is 3 years old but did you find a solution. I have two Asus RT AC66U. One as vpn server and the other as client. I can connect and it changes the IP on the client using PPTP but using open vpn they connect but it will not change the client IP to the server IP like is does with PPTP. Any suggestions?