How to run two OpenVpn connections at once?

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Soldier
OpenVpn Newbie

How to run two OpenVpn connections at once?

Post by Soldier » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi. I would like to setup my Windows system so that I have two internet connections running at the same time. I have 2 3g/4g routers and I have 2 wireless adapters. A built in wireless adapter, and a USB wireless adapter. How would I go about setting up 2 OpenVpn connections so that one OpenVpn connection is assigned to each internet connection? I am not able to root my devices, so everything would have to be done on the software level.

Or if this isnt possible, how would I set it up so that the OpenVpn connection is setup on one internet connection. And the other internet connection has no OpenVpn connection at all?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: How to run two OpenVpn connections at once?

Post by TinCanTech » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:41 pm

If the servers are, as I suspect, Online VPN Provider services .. and you want to run both connections from one Windows PC at the same time then you should know:
  • Windows does not support policy based routing [1]
so you will most likely only to be able to connect properly to one at a time. Unless you use --pull-filter to reject redirecting your client gateway .. and if you do that then there is not much point wasting the bandwidth.

[1] https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/net ... g-systems/

Soldier
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: How to run two OpenVpn connections at once?

Post by Soldier » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi. I read about this application:

https://r1ch.net/projects/forcebindip

It allows you to bind a specific connection to an application. So perhaps I could use this application and bind the OpenVpn connection to the applications I need.