Why OpenVPN GUI doesn't show any submenu?

Need help configuring your VPN? Just post here and you'll get that help.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
dh66shim
OpenVpn Newbie

Why OpenVPN GUI doesn't show any submenu?

Post by dh66shim » Wed May 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Hi!
I have installed VPN server on Ubuntu14 (according to this explanation https://websetnet.com/ko/how-to-install ... ntu-14-04/), and also installed VPN client on Windows8 using openvpn-install-2.4.1-1601.exe. I prepared the unified ovpn profile including client01.crt, client01.key, ca.crt and client.ovpn, all were made in Ubuntu. I placed it into c:\P.F\openvpn\config folder of Windows8. When I execute OpenVPN GUI with “run as administrator” by administrator account, there was no submenus (such as connect, ..) like explained at this forums. When I execute again, Notice message box “OpenVPN GUI is already running” is shown. What is the reasons? Why can I do such as "https://openvpn.net/index.php/access-se ... lient.html"

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Why OpenVPN GUI doesn't show any submenu?

Post by TinCanTech » Wed May 10, 2017 6:22 pm

dh66shim wrote:client on Windows8 using openvpn-install-2.4.1-1601.exe
Put the config file in \users\you\openvpn\config and use the interactive service ..

You do not need to use administrator to run Openvpn 2.4

dh66shim
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by dh66shim » Wed May 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Thanks very much! I tried again after putting the same school.ovpn file copy to the folder you explained. The message "There already a config file named 'school.ovpn'. You cannot have multiple config files with the same name, even if they reside in different folders. I remember these config file can be in either \users\username\openvpn\config or \program files\openvpn\config. What any other reasons do you think?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Post by TinCanTech » Thu May 11, 2017 12:18 am

School master time