New NDIS6 drivers in 2.3.11?

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
snkr
OpenVpn Newbie

New NDIS6 drivers in 2.3.11?

Post by snkr » Fri May 13, 2016 10:56 am

Hello everyone,

I noticed, that the NDIS6 drivers in the Windows Port of OpenVPN 2.3.11 (released this week) have been silently updated without notice in the changelog, albeit with the same driver version. It seems to me like there is now another signature on the driver package using the sha256 digest that has been created using an ev certificate. Is there anything else that has changed in the drivers except for the things I have observed? If there is no other change, what was the reasoning for the driver update? The older drivers from 2.3.10 have been timestamped way before the release of Windows 10, so the new requirement for ev certificates for drivers in windows 10 cannot be the reason, they will continue to run fine, because timestamping occurred before the ship date of windows 10. At least this is my understanding of the new ev cert enforcement in windows 10: If created before windows 10 rtm ship date, drivers will work.

Any official comment from the openvpn dev team?

Kind regards,

--
Stefan Kuhr

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: New NDIS6 drivers in 2.3.11?

Post by Traffic » Fri May 13, 2016 11:03 am

Please contact the developer mailing list.