Using config file to Establish Connect

This forum is for all inquiries relating to the installation of OpenVPN from source and with binaries.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please visit (and READ) the OpenVPN HowTo http://openvpn.net/howto prior to asking any questions in here!
triack2000
OpenVpn Newbie

Using config file to Establish Connect

Post by triack2000 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:40 pm

I have created a ESXI server, that sits on a DMZ, and deployed and image of OpenVpn that they provide on the website. I can reach the online vpn interface and config file download page. Port 1194 has been opened and forwarded to its address. All ports are allowed out and only 1194 is allowed in on the firewall. When I try to run the VPN with the config file given, it sends traffic to HTTPS on 443. The problem with this is that 443 is forwarded to the mail server to allow external web access. Is there any way to change the config file or the server to stop the HTTPS packets. I don't want to open another port on the firewall. Any help appreciated.

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Using config file to Establish Connect

Post by Traffic » Tue May 10, 2016 10:46 pm

triack2000 wrote:I can reach the online vpn interface and config file download page
This sounds like OpenVPN-Acces-Server not OpenVPN-Community-Edition ..

triack2000
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Using config file to Establish Connect

Post by triack2000 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Is there a link to that forum. Thought this would be the best match and access to help