openvpn bonding

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Cephalon
OpenVpn Newbie

openvpn bonding

Post by Cephalon » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Hello ppl,

I am trying to create an openvpn bonding between two vpn connection through different ISP to the same openvpn server, i achieve the connection easily but i can't create the bonding interface. any ideas, suggestions ??

gladiatr72
Forum Team

Re: openvpn bonding

Post by gladiatr72 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello,

Interesting idea. Are you trying this with a bridged or routed configuration?

-Stephen
[..]I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. [...]Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? -Marcus Cole

Cephalon
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Cephalon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:27 pm

I am trying with bonding kernel module which i suppose to be bridged but i can't bonding the bond interface with the tunl interfaces...did you ever try it??

gladiatr72
Forum Team

Post by gladiatr72 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Bridging occurs at layer 2. tun operates at layer 3.

-S
[..]I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. [...]Wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? -Marcus Cole

Cephalon
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Cephalon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:18 pm

and what that means practically...???

gladiatr72
Forum Team

Post by gladiatr72 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Practically: If this will work at all, it will need to be with two vpn links that are configured for bridging, not routing. Honestly, you've give me nothing to work with, so I'm guessing as to what your issue might be.

-S

Cephalon
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Cephalon » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Can you try to follow this guide http://evilprojects.org/2009/09/howto-s ... links.html and tell me your results??