Intermittent RADIUS access denied

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
RadiWhat
OpenVpn Newbie

Intermittent RADIUS access denied

Post by RadiWhat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Hello evryone,

I would like to begin by informing you that I am not my companie's OpenVPN admin, but this does not make sense to post in the other forum for the web pages.
We have OpenVPN logs pushed into Slack, where we have been looking through the events. We see the event "Web login authentication failed: {'status': 1, 'reason': 'RADIUS accgess denied', 'user': 'user'}" We have not experienced this issue ourselves, but are wondering why we would see this event without the normal "AUTH_FAILED" event. If this is causing users to have to log in twice or more, we would like to get the issue fixed, or at least know what is causing it.

Thank you.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Intermittent RADIUS access denied

Post by TinCanTech » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:29 pm

RadiWhat wrote:I am not my companie's OpenVPN admin
That is the person you must speak to ..
RadiWhat wrote:We see the event "Web login authentication failed: {'status': 1, 'reason': 'RADIUS accgess denied', 'user': 'user'}" We have not experienced this issue ourselves, but are wondering why we would see this event without the normal "AUTH_FAILED" event
People typing in the wrong password .. ?

Please see:
HOWTO: Request Help !