Re-configuring OpenVPN After Installation

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
Foxeler
OpenVpn Newbie

Re-configuring OpenVPN After Installation

Post by Foxeler » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:59 am

Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this. After days of googling and failing to find a solution to my problem, I've turned to the forms for community help. The problem lies, where I travel a lot. At least once every year, I travel to a different place. Now this wouldn't be a problem, except that I decided to make an OpenVPN server. I want to know if there is a way to make sure that I don't have to go through the work of reinstalling my setup every single time I travel. I have Pihole (Using OpenVPN), OpenVPN, SSH Keys, and Samba share on my raspberry pi. I'm sure there is a way to edit the config files of OpenVPN to change the IP address to accommodate for the changing local network IP, however I'm not sure of how to do this. Is there a way to change OpenVPN to use the new network so I don't have to reconfigure everything every time I travel? (I'm just now delving into creating VPN servers and the like, so please excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject)

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Re-configuring OpenVPN After Installation

Post by TinCanTech » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:35 am

Sounds like you need Dynamic DNS