Routing to networks outside our OpenVPN network

This forum is for admins who are looking to build or expand their OpenVPN setup.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Forum rules
Please use the [oconf] BB tag for openvpn Configurations. See viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21589 for an example.
ardy8888
OpenVpn Newbie

Routing to networks outside our OpenVPN network

Post by ardy8888 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:13 pm

I've got an odd scenario here, hoping someone has some insight.

We've got an OpenVPN server in AWS on a private network using subnet 10.201.0.0/16. I can connect to the VPN and access all servers in that subnet.

We've recently added a second AWS account on its own private network using subnet 10.101.0.0/16. I've created a Peering Connection between the two accounts and servers in each network can talk to each other.

I would like to connect to the OpenVPN server and have access to both networks. However, when connected to the VPN, I can only talk with the 10.201.0.0 network, even though I've added the route to my CCD file for the 10.101.0.0 network. The traffic isn't getting through the Peering Connection for some reason. I don't know if I need to make a routing change or something else in the OpenVPN server. Or if there is something else I need to do to get this to work.

Any assistance would be awesome!!

Lionel333
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Routing to networks outside our OpenVPN network

Post by Lionel333 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:36 pm

hi,

have you found a solution for your problem already? I have almost the same problem and I'm out of ideas...