Cannot Ping Remote Network From iPhone

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
taddeusz
OpenVpn Newbie

Cannot Ping Remote Network From iPhone

Post by taddeusz » Mon May 22, 2017 2:37 pm

This is a weird one to me. I have two iOS devices. An iPhone 7 Plus and an iPad 4. Both are on 10.3.2 but I've been having this problem prior to updating. In relation to hardware the only major difference is that my iPhone is 64-bit while the iPad is a 32-bit only device.

On the iPad 4 I can login and am able to ping and connect to devices on the remote network. Using the very same profile and user I can login to the VPN but am unable to ping or connect to anything on the remote network, including the VPN gateway. Oddly though, DNS from the remote network works fine from my iPhone as I can successfully nslookup systems on the remote network.

I have done a network settings reset on my iPhone. Short of backing up and doing a full reset on my iPhone I'm not sure what else I can do.

taddeusz
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Cannot Ping Remote Network From iPhone

Post by taddeusz » Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Ok, I've got a change. The wifi at work seems to block a lot of uncommon ports. Apparently they also block the default UDP configuration of OpenVPN. I switched my server to TCP and am able to connect through wifi. Previously I've been strictly using my iPhone's cellular data. It seems that my problems have to do with T-Mobile's use of IPv6. My network at home is v4 and I don't have v6 enabled in my router. I'm not certain whether Cox Cable has rolled out IPv6 support to my area.