iPhone client connects to server but cannot access web sites. Windows client can.

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
adaj21
OpenVpn Newbie

iPhone client connects to server but cannot access web sites. Windows client can.

Post by adaj21 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:46 pm

Hello, I installed a server on a Windows Server box and successfully tunneled through it to the internet from a Windows 7 client in the private network.
My iPhone client (as well as an Android device) connects to the tunnel successfully, the log shows it got a private network IP address, but I cannot access the web pages from the iPhone.
I tried to up the verb level in the iPhone profile but that did not add any new entries to the iPhone log.

Observations:
1. I pinged google.com and inserted the ip address in iPhone's Safari. The address bar changed to google.com but the body of the page remained blank.

2. I logged to my WhatsApp account in a browser on my desktop and used the iPhone App to post an image to a chat: A low resolution version of the image immediately appeared on both the windows browser and my iPhone app, and remained there with a spinner going nowhere.

I am new to OpenVPN and would appreciate any help directing me to troubleshoot/resolve this problem.
Thanks.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: iPhone client connects to server but cannot access web sites. Windows client can.

Post by TinCanTech » Sat May 06, 2017 11:42 am