Install crts and key to iPhone via SSH?

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
UncleJed
OpenVpn Newbie

Install crts and key to iPhone via SSH?

Post by UncleJed » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Howdy,
I'm a first-time user to OpenVPN and so far I have successfully (I believe) fired up an OpenVPN server on my home network. I am now trying to install the client files to my iPhone from a cloud, but when trying to import the ovpn file the app rejects it because it can't find the other files.
I understand that there's a way to do it using iTunes, but I can't stand iTunes and was hoping there was another way. So I was wondering if I could just place the client files on the phone using SSH. The phone is jailbroken and I can browse pretty much anywhere on it. Unfortunately I couldn't find any documentation or other users with this question. My thought is that I could just put the server and client .crt files and the client .key file on the phone so that when I attempt to import the .ovpn using the front door of the app, that it might work.
Is this possible? And if so, where do the files go?

Thanks a million!

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Install crts and key to iPhone via SSH?

Post by TinCanTech » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:34 pm

UncleJed
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Install crts and key to iPhone via SSH?

Post by UncleJed » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Thanks for the reply. I had read that one, but thought my idea was different since I don't want to install them from an email.
My thought was that if all iTunes does is take whatever files I give it and plop them somewhere, then why shouldn't I be able to do that as well?