Amcrest works on public wifi but not cellular LTE

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: Amcrest works on public wifi but not cellular LTE

Post by TinCanTech » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:20 am

casperpaul wrote:would there be an explanation as to why I would be able to browse the web just fine but not view video/udp? Just wondering why it would only be the video cam not working but everything else works just fine
I would ask the Video Camera Guys why their video camera does not work over a VPN when everything else does. They may even start to listen if enough customers complain about it ..

sidechem
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by sidechem » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:09 am

Hey,
I'm struggling with exactly the same problem. I can get my camera feeds through my openVPN when on my wifi or external wifi but I cannot connect to my camera feeds when on my cellular LTE network. I was wondering if you've succeeded in resolving your issue.
Thanks

cby016
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by cby016 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:50 pm

I was having this same issue. I was trying all sorts of things to fix it but then I remembered hearing that T-Mobile doesn't allow streaming high resolution HD video or they try and scale it down or something stupid like that. So I tried the low resolution stream and it works fine. For now I've resorted to using the low resolution stream for remote viewing but I will continue to save the high resolution stream on my NAS.