iOS 9.3.5 won't connect

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
disstopic
OpenVpn Newbie

iOS 9.3.5 won't connect

Post by disstopic » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:18 pm

I have an iPad 2, which was until Sunday running iOS 8.3, and worked fine with OpenVPN. I had to upgrade it to the latest version available for the iPad 2, which is iOS 9.3.5, and since then, the VPN wont connect.
  1. Clicking the VPN switch in Settings to On, "Connecting" displays for a brief moment then dissapears and the slider returns to off
  2. Inside the OpenVPN app, Clicking the Connection switch to On, the User ID box is cleared, the switch remains on but the Status does not change, it just says Disconnected
  3. Nothing is being logged. There are no new log entries since Sunday when I upgraded iOS.
I tried reinstalling the profile, with the same results. I noticed in other threads turning on "Force AES-CBC ciphersuites" helped, but in my case the problem remains exactly as before.

It is a very simple config, auth.txt contains the username and password, and ca.crt is a current CA certificate, verified working as it is the same one I use to connect with my PC, and the same one that was working before Sunday.

ovpn config is:

Code: Select all

client
dev tun
proto udp
remote <fqdn of server> 1194
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
ca ca.crt
comp-lzo
verb 3
tun-mtu 1460
auth-user-pass auth.txt
auth-retry interact
route-delay 5
keepalive 20 120
route-method exe
route-delay 5
dhcp-option DNS <IP of internal DNS server>
dhcp-option DOMAIN <fqdn of domain to route over VPN>
Unfortunately I have no control over the server. Any help, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: iOS 9.3.5 won't connect

Post by TinCanTech » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:20 pm

Please contact your Server Administrator

disstopic
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: iOS 9.3.5 won't connect

Post by disstopic » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:29 am

What might the server administrator need to do to solve this problem?