Openvpn connect iOS 10 wifi & vpn screen icon bug

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
bandit16
OpenVpn Newbie

Openvpn connect iOS 10 wifi & vpn screen icon bug

Post by bandit16 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Been happening since iOS 10 was introduced. Please fix! Still happening on iOS 10.1.

ONLY HAPPENS ON 9.7" iPad Pro LTE. Does not occur on iPhone 6S.

Tried DFU of iOS, general reset all settings, reset network settings, reinstalling app and loading new openvpn server profiles from BOTH Air & PIA. So it's happening on 2 major commercial VPNs and at this point I'm certain it's the app.

1) Enable Openvpn connect
2) Wifi & vpn screen icons disappear after a few minutes. Haven't timed exactly but it's maybe 1-2 minutes.
3) Disable openvpn the wifi screen icon comes back.
4) Enable openvpn and both icons disappear after a couple minutes.
5) It is repeatable.

paj
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Openvpn connect iOS 10 wifi & vpn screen icon bug

Post by paj » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:40 pm

I am experiencing exactly the same problem, started after upgrading to IOS 10. Problem only affects my iPad Air, iPhone 6 also on IOS 10 connects and stays connected, IPad connects but stops receiving packets after a couple of minutes. Manually disconnect and reconnect restores connection, but after a couple of minutes it will hang again. Hopefully a fix will be available soon?

cudiaco
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by cudiaco » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:12 pm

I have the same issue as well, on an iPhone 6s. Problem started appearing in since the iOS 10 was launched.
Essentially:

1. Within wifi range, connect to VPN
2. Leave wifi range with VPN connected, status bar correctly shows LTE with VPN next to it
3. Re-enter wifi range, status bar incorrectly shows LTE with VPN next to it, however WiFi settings shows that I am connected to my wifi network.

If the phone goes to sleep while in wifi mode with the vpn connected, waking it up shows only LTE with the VPN logo.

I'm not sure this is a bug with OpenVPN connect, I'm guessing its iOS10 behavior since the app hasn't been changed.

JYFygyjygkghkkhhkThe
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by JYFygyjygkghkkhhkThe » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:12 am

I'm having the same issue on iOS 10.2 and openvpn connect 1.0.7 build 199. This is very annoying.