Build OpenVPN for iOS client with OpenVPN3

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
chienhong.yang
OpenVpn Newbie

Build OpenVPN for iOS client with OpenVPN3

Post by chienhong.yang » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:30 am

Hi,

It's my first post. Not sure if here is the right place to ask question with OpenVPN3. If I'm wrong, please let me know where's is the right place, thanks!

I have found OpenVPN3 here https://staging.openvpn.net/openvpn3, as it mentions "OpenVPN3 is currently used in the OpenVPN Connect iOS and Android clients".
I have download the source code https://staging.openvpn.net/openvpn3/openvpn3.tar.gz and build success with mac version.

However, while I am trying to build iOS version (with command: $O3/scripts/mac/build-all), it's looks like i have missing script "vars-ios" and source for building success.

Logs looks like below:
******* BOOST
WIPE and reunzip source
~/src/openvpn3/boost/build-boost: line 34: ~/src/openvpn3/vars-ios: No such file or directory
Please let me know if anyone can help on this, thank you!

alexbakhtin
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Build OpenVPN for iOS client with OpenVPN3

Post by alexbakhtin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:28 am

Hi,
I was working on this about a half of year before, and built a OpenVPN3 lib for ios. But I could not integrate it into ios SDK. Do you still need help in compiling of the lib? Or may be you managed to integrate it?

Thank you for reply.

laoba
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by laoba » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:33 am

alexbakhtin wrote:Hi,
I was working on this about a half of year before, and built a OpenVPN3 lib for ios. But I could not integrate it into ios SDK. Do you still need help in compiling of the lib? Or may be you managed to integrate it?

Thank you for reply.

Were you able to connect your iOS app to the OpenVPN server? I'm looking for such a solution for iOS without having to pass the cert to the OpenVPN Connect iOS app.

leonardGuo
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by leonardGuo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:22 am

alexbakhtin wrote:Hi,

Thank you for reply.
Dear Alex,

Can you provide your OpenVPN3 lib for iOS to me. My email address is chineseroyalstar@gmail.com. Thank you for your generosity!

Best regards

Omitted
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by Omitted » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:20 am

I would love to follow along on this project if you are going to make it FOSS. Do you have a github page we could follow?

kizy
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by kizy » Fri May 25, 2018 8:36 am

alexbakhtin wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:28 am
Hi,

Thank you for reply.
i wanna devlop an app vpn,but i have no idea that how to do i,Can you provide your OpenVPN3 lib or github for iOS to me. My email address is mrkizy@gmail.com. Thank you for your generosity!

Best regards