Transport Error on OpenVPN 1.0.7 build 199 on iOS 9.3.2

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
taiwanmobileservices
OpenVPN User

Re: Transport Error on OpenVPN 1.0.7 build 199 on iOS 9.3.2

Post by taiwanmobileservices » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi! Jame,

Thanks for the prompt reply and actions.

Could I suggest the change the OpenVPN Connect App as paid version with reasonable payment, say, USD 2.99, and I think many users are willing to pay if we can get more positive and aggressive response from OpenVPN development team to fix and improve OpenVPN Connect App in time and more frequently?

Thanks/Br,

Birdman Hsu

jamesyonan
OpenVPN Inc.

Post by jamesyonan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:28 pm

We believe that making OpenVPN Connect a paid app would significantly reduce its accessibility.

The best way to contribute to OpenVPN Connect development is to become a customer of OpenVPN Technologies through our OpenVPN Access Server product or Private Tunnel VPN service.

Thanks,
James

taiwanmobileservices
OpenVPN User

Post by taiwanmobileservices » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:17 am

Hi! James,

Thanks for the point shared.

But I and many users also think we need more active and support with new features like obfsproxy from OpenVPN Technologies as your company is the only one who granted to access the VPN functions inside the iOS and the source code is still not released to the public.

It is not the cases for Android as there are some OpenVPN compatible App on the Play Store including OpenVPN Connect App but OpenVPN Connect App is the only one App for iOS!

Most of end users for OpenVPN Connect App are running the company or VPN service providers, so, most of them could not contribute to buy the Access server softwares or services from OpenVPN Technologies!

What we, as end users, can do and are willing to do is to pay OpenVPN Connect App with little reasonable payment to contribute and facilitate OpenVPN development team to get more resources to speed up fixing problem and making more improved features.

In fact, the OpenVPN Connect App 1.0.7 was released in the early of this month but the last version 1.0.5 was released Sep., 2014!

We need your support to have better OpenVPN Connect App more frequently updated as OpenVPN Technologies is the only one App in the iTune App Store.

Thanks/Br,

Birdman Hsu

taiwanmobileservices
OpenVPN User

Post by taiwanmobileservices » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:57 am

taiwanmobileservices wrote:Hi! James,

Thanks for the point shared.

But I and many users also think we need more active and support with new features like obfsproxy from OpenVPN Technologies as your company is the only one who granted to access the VPN functions inside the iOS and the source code is still not released to the public.

It is not the cases for Android as there are some OpenVPN compatible App on the Play Store including OpenVPN Connect App but OpenVPN Connect App is the only one App for iOS!

Most of end users for OpenVPN Connect App are not running the company or VPN service providers, so, most of them could not contribute to buy the Access server softwares or services from OpenVPN Technologies!

What we, as end users, can do and are willing to do is to pay OpenVPN Connect App with little reasonable payment to contribute and facilitate OpenVPN development team to get more resources to speed up fixing problem and making more improved features.

In fact, the OpenVPN Connect App 1.0.7 was released in the early of this month but the last version 1.0.5 was released Sep., 2014!

We need your support to have better OpenVPN Connect App more frequently updated as OpenVPN Technologies is the only one App in the iTune App Store.

Thanks/Br,

Birdman Hsu

mattolson77
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by mattolson77 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Any update? I am getting some problem on OpenVPN 1.0.7 build 199 and iOS 9.3.2 It used to work and now it doesn't. Get Transport Error network_eof_error

tomz
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by tomz » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:47 pm

In case it might help: I am getting the same error message when trying to establish a connection to a QNAP box, whereas a connection to a Synology box seems to work just fine. Both machines have the latest software installed, but I haven't done any digging into the details of the two installations. If you need more information, just let me know.

mcdbpas
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by mcdbpas » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi, i had the same problem. I have fix it.

Go to Iphone Settings-> OpenVPN

Turn on -> Force AES-CBC ciphersuites

This has worked for me.

tomz
OpenVpn Newbie

Post by tomz » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 am

@mcdbpas: Thanks a lot. That brought the openvpn-connections on my iOS and Android devices back to life.

It would be nice, if that kind of changes causing this kind of problems, would get confirmed before releasing new versions. Obviously iOS and Android devices were affected by this problem.

Is there any information why this option got changed at all? I could think of the following two reasons:
1. connection problems with other devices
2. less secure connection (description says something about legacy vpn servers)