Cannot Casting while VPN connected

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
badbiggyboy
OpenVpn Newbie

Cannot Casting while VPN connected

Post by badbiggyboy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 am

I lately enjoying casting to my smart tv using my phone but I dunno how why when my vpn connected I can casting from my mi phone usibg miracast built in apps to my Samsung​ smart tv can any one help me solve this thanks before

Gartral
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Cannot Casting while VPN connected

Post by Gartral » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Of course not, unless your TV is "inside" the same network as your phone (read: connected to the VPN as well) then as far as both your phone and TV know they're not on the same networks. And I highly doubt there's a VPN app for your tv

fhteagle
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Cannot Casting while VPN connected

Post by fhteagle » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:18 am

What is really needed here is the same use case I am after: traffic on LAN is not routed via VPN, all non-LAN traffic is sent over VPN. I have tried modifying the .opvn file and re-importing the profile to do this, but when the server sends push route and push redirect commands, my .ovpn config seems to be overridden. Is there a good tutorial or guide to disabling VPN routing for LAN traffic (in my case the same 192.168.x.y/24 subnet is always used for LAN)?

(P.S., I tried searching for LAN here of course, but the search term is too 'common' and no search was carried out. Forum moderators, I think this should be adjusted...)