I have established a connection but cant access components connected to my network

Official client software for OpenVPN Access Server and OpenVPN Cloud.
rapture_ni
OpenVpn Newbie

I have established a connection but cant access components connected to my network

Post by rapture_ni » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:05 am

I have a talk talk modem/router used as my primary (router1) and i have connected a second router (lan port Router 1 ----> wan port router2) a linksys e2500 set up with tomato firmware that i am using as an openVPN server.

My devices on my network are all connected via ethernet to router1. My aim was to establish a connection between my android phone (samsung galaxy s7) and my home network on my 3or4G signal when im out via openVPN

Ive generated all the certificates and keys and have configured the routers and forwarded a port from router1 to router2..
my protocol is TCP
and i have used TUN rather than TAP as android wont support TAP

at the moment I can seemingly establish a connection from anywhere to the network...i can access router2 using 192.168.1.XX but i cant access router1 or any of the other components on my home network.

I assume this is because im using TUN, what i want to know is there a way round this so i can see my devices at home

Regards
Rapture