How can I edit a Wiki topic?

All comments and questions related to the functionality of the OpenVPN web pages and forum should go here.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

ChrisBedford
OpenVpn Newbie

How can I edit a Wiki topic?

Post by ChrisBedford » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:28 am

I just tried to follow a post on installing and setting up OpenVPN Server on Windows, and the 'easy start' page fails at Instruction 1 because of an omission, and then there are other issues because the distribution has changed and you need to insert a step.

After creating a user name on the wiki I eagerly went back to the documentation page to share my hard-won wisdom (hard won yes: I suffer from a *very* short fuse when it comes to instructions that don't match real-world situations, and have to rein myself in quite severely once I discover errors and omissions like this. It makes subsequent research doubly difficult, because I'm fuming "%^&(* )@^$&* BUT THAT DOESN'T WORK, FFS!!!" which blocks my receptors almost completely) - so imagine my disappointment when I discovered no (obvious) way to edit the wiki page.

So how do I do it? Or must I submit my suggested amendents to someone? In which case what's the point of creating a user name and password to log on to the wiki?

TinCanTech
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: How can I edit a Wiki topic?

Post by TinCanTech » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 am

Thanks to incessant Spammers, you have to get permission.

I advise you join the Openvpn user mailing list and enquire there.