OpenVPN connection drops only from Linux Mint after 2 mins

All comments and questions related to the functionality of the OpenVPN web pages and forum should go here.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

anshlv
OpenVpn Newbie

OpenVPN connection drops only from Linux Mint after 2 mins

Post by anshlv » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:32 am

Hello All,

I am seeking for help, because I have checked already everywhere and so far this is my third week trying to set up OpenVPN.

What I did so far:

1) Certificates generated for every client, there are no 2 clients using the same certificate;
2) Installed OpenVPN client in my Android, imported the profile, works flawlessly;
3) SetUP OpenVPN on my Linux Mint 17 PC and it connects and all works fine...
Until...

1-2 minutes pass, I believe this is always the exact same amount of time, the connection drops and reconnects, after a couple minutes it is active again, then drops. Let me remind, on the mobile phone it is fine, network connectivity is perfect. Tried changing time-outs on client and server sides, no luck or change.
Also I can run PaloAlto VPN from the same machine and it is perfectly stable.

No idea why connection gets dropped, I have checked the logs on the client and there is no evidence unless it starts to reconnect, checked logs on the server, same nothing, but at the moment Internet connectivity over VPN drops, the web server on the VPN server machine is accessible by IP just fine. Also I am not able to ping OpenVPN virtual gateway even when the connection is still fine.

I would be very grateful if you could help me out, I am almost there, still a bit is missing to have it working stable.

Thank you.

Traffic
OpenVPN Protagonist

Re: OpenVPN connection drops only from Linux Mint after 2 mi

Post by Traffic » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Please post your server and client configs and logs in the Correct Forum:
configuration-f6.html