Replies missing from my thread

All comments and questions related to the functionality of the OpenVPN web pages and forum should go here.

Moderators: TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech, TinCanTech

Alex Morris
OpenVPN User

Replies missing from my thread

Post by Alex Morris » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:46 pm

There appears to be a bug with the forum. A few months ago I started a thread - topic15202.html - regarding some routing problems I was having.

Forum member "debbie10t" provided some advice which eventually managed to solve the problem I was having. My most recent post, indicating success, was posted on August 24th. Several hours later I received an e-mail notifying me of a topic reply but, when I check the thread, no such reply exists. Also, debbie10t's responses have vanished from the thread.

What's gone wrong with the forum? Why are the responses missing?

barney_5uk
OpenVPN User

Re: Replies missing from my thread

Post by barney_5uk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:48 am

all of the answers I received on my post topic16947.html from a person whom I don't remember have also disappeared.

what happens here ? why are posts disappearing when we discuss issues with OpenVPN ?

We need a forum for discussing issues to find solutions, but we don't need a forum where answers are disappearing.

Kind regards

Bernard

maikcat
Forum Team

Post by maikcat » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:54 am

debbie was deleted...?

Michael.

barney_5uk
OpenVPN User

Post by barney_5uk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:17 am

the users were deleted, that might be an answer - but if this is true, for what reason were their posts deleted ? it is important for us to have their posts available.

barney_5uk
OpenVPN User

Post by barney_5uk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 am

Debbie is not deleted, just his posts are

debbie10t
Forum Team

Post by debbie10t » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 am

Barney_5uk is correct - Due to exceptional and unforseen circumstances my posts have gone.

OpenVPN management is considering restoring posts from backup but it is not a priority.

Openvpn is also looking for active members to help moderation:
topic16990.html