Advice sought for VPN gateway

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
sparrowhawk
OpenVpn Newbie

Advice sought for VPN gateway

Post by sparrowhawk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a VPN gateway that we can run as a virtual appliance on AWS. At present we have four sites using Meraki hardware to provide client VPN access for our WAN. This configuration was historical as we had several companies that have since been merged. We also use Signify as our 2FA solution, but we'd like to use Google's authentication instead as we have Gsuite for email.

Ideally, I'd like to have an OpenVPN AS machine to which clients would connect. Then have the traffic directed to wherever the servers are located. Currently there are two sites where servers are located, one of which is a DR site. Rather than have two VPN configurations on the endpoints, I'd rather have a single gateway and have the server route the traffic. I'd envisage that there would be a switch that we manually enable in a DR situation.

Do you think OpenVPN Access Server is the right choice for this situation? And how difficult will it be to configure?

Any input appreciated.