Concurrent Users in Bridge Mode/LDAP

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
rwdorman
OpenVpn Newbie

Concurrent Users in Bridge Mode/LDAP

Post by rwdorman » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:49 pm

Hello

I am setting up a new instance of AS in bridge mode and using LDAP against AD for authentication. Everything is setup and working based on group membership etc. I cannot, however, figure out how in this configuration to allow multiple logins from the same username (its a political decision, not my own). The checkbox for multiple logins doesn't seem to be in the GUI n bridge mode (i think that's what it is) and adding duplicate-cn to the server directive doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone have an idea?

-rd

rwdorman
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Concurrent Users in Bridge Mode/LDAP

Post by rwdorman » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Update - So far I've gotten back a canned response about user specific properties from support. I've sent screen shots and tried to better explain my situation, perhaps that will move things along. I"ll keep this thread updated.

rwdorman
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Concurrent Users in Bridge Mode/LDAP

Post by rwdorman » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:21 pm

Support did not get back to me but I found the solution.

The duplicate-cn directive was not working/being respected when put into the server config section in the AS GUI. I had to run the following and it worked as wanted:

/usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/sacli --key vpn.server.duplicate_cn --value true ConfigPut