VPN Connect on Windows 8.1 running on a MacBook Pro.

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
Larzs
OpenVpn Newbie

VPN Connect on Windows 8.1 running on a MacBook Pro.

Post by Larzs » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:29 am

So first off...complete dunce to this kind of stuff. Frankly the only reason I have a VPN is cause I have left America and am in Australia for a year and then travel Europe for a year and well...I have a TON of Steam games and Australia is crazy on their censorship and I want to be able to play my good old gory American games(and watch Netflix)

So a rather tech savvy friend of mine was kind enough to set up Windows on my Mac so I could play my Steam Games and add a VPN so I can trick Steam into thinking I am still in America(along with Netflix).

So I haven't really gotten into playing my Steam games yet but I finally logged onto the Window part...and I seem to be having all kinds of issue with the VPN Connect program he installed and set up. When I went to connect now of the servers remained, I spent a good couple of hours trying to figure it out...and frankly it all Greek, mixed with hieroglyphs and some Japanese, not to mention a few splashes of Klingon in it to me.

Now I updated and I can't even seem to open it. Now I get a constant error of

"See the logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN Technologies\OpenVPNClient\core\ovpntray.exe.log' for details"

Which there is no such thing...or I am blind as usual, with this high level computer stuff(well...high level to me >.<)

Anyways...thanks a bunch. Could really really use help on this.