Access Server doesn't reconnect after sleep or shutdown

Business solution to host your own OpenVPN server with web management interface and bundled clients.
Dadoo
OpenVpn Newbie

Access Server doesn't reconnect after sleep or shutdown

Post by Dadoo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:33 pm

I have a laptop with the Access Server client installed. If I reboot the laptop (leaving the power on) it connects to the access server, as expected, but if I put it to sleep or shut it down, the client doesn't reconnect when I start it back up, again; I have to manually reconnect. I'm guessing there's a piece of hardware that's taking too long to come up, after being powered down, but I can't find a log to tell me what it is. Failing that, is there a setting I can use to tell the client to wait a little longer, before it tries to reconnect?

This is Access Server client version 2.1.1.102, running on Windows 10.

Dadoo
OpenVpn Newbie

Re: Access Server doesn't reconnect after sleep or shutdown

Post by Dadoo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 pm

So I finally found the logs (in "C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVPN Technologies\OpenVPN Client\etc\log") and in the log associated with my connection, I saw the error message "FATAL:TUN_IFACE_DISABLED: TAP adapter is disabled". I tried going into the settings for the TAP interface and changing the "Media Status" from "Application controlled" to "Always Connected", but that didn't solve the problem.